Truckee River Day
Be part of what started it all
It was that first Truckee River Day in 1996 that spawned today’s Truckee River Watershed Council. Since then thousands of nature-lovers have shown up yearly with their gumboots, buckets, shovels and smiles to take on 100s of restoration projects throughout the watershed.
Work along side your friends—and make new ones—as together we:
- restore designated sites
- plant native vegetation
- mulch sensitive areas
- repair our mountain home
Registration is required and is now open. Please register for Truckee River Day HERE.
- Let us know your project preferences and if you are part of a group. We will do our best to place you in your first choice project, but ask you to be flexible.
- If you are part of a group, we encourage you to register early.
- The week before Truckee River Day, we will email with information about your project – the work you will be doing, where you will meet, and what you need to wear and bring.
Join us at the River Fair at Granite Flat from 1pm to 4pm to celebrate the Truckee River! Granite Flat is located 1 mile south of Truckee on Highway 89. Come ready to have some fun! Presented in partnership with Sierra Watershed Education Partnerships.
Thank you to our volunteers, partners and funders, including donors to the Truckee River Watershed Council, for their support.
More information below
Truckee River Day Fast Facts
|When:||Rain or shine on Sunday, October 20th, 2019
Start times at 9am or 11am to approximately 2:30pm
|Where:||Various locations throughout the watershed|
|Contact:||Michele Prestowitz at 530.550.8760 x4# or firstname.lastname@example.org|
River Fair at Granite Flat Campground on Highway 89 South, 1 to 4pm
Family fun for everyone
- Live music and entertainment
- Environmental education activities
- Art projects
- Food and treats
Don’t miss the Lahontan cutthroat trout release at 3pm!