Truckee River Day
21st Annual Truckee River Day - October 16, 2016
Truckee River Day will happen rain or shine!
Restoration Projects and River Fair
Join us for a day of river, meadow and wetland restoration. You will be near streams and meadows, working side-by-side with other volunteers to plant restoration sites with seedlings and willows, remove invasive vegetation, compost and mulch sensitive areas, remove garbage and more. Projects start at either 9:00 a.m. or 11:00 a.m. and end between 2:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m.
To participate in Truckee River Day please register online. Registration is required and will open approximately one month before Truckee River Day.
Through the registration process, you will be able to let us know your project preferences and whether or not you are part of group. We will do our best to meet your preferences, but ask you to be flexible.
In the week before Truckee River Day, we will contact you and tell you about your project - the work you will be doing, where you will meet, and what you need to wear and bring.
Truckee River Day started in 1996. 400 volunteers came to lend a hand and completed 10 projects. Since that first year, thousands of volunteers have participated in dozens of restoration projects. We look forward to seeing you this year.
Afternoon – River Fair from 1:00 p.m.
Join us at the River Fair (presented in partnership with Sierra Watreshed Education Partnerships) to celebrate the Truckee River!
- Granite Flat Campground on Highway 89 South, approximately 1 mile south of Truckee.
- Family-friendly ~ Enjoy live music, FREE food, fun activities, art projects and a special performance at 3:00 pm.
Thank you to Our Partners* and Funders
- *The fabulous Group Leaders
- *The fantastic Truckee River Day Steering Committee
- Donors to the Truckee River Watershed Council
- Northstar California
- *Sierra Watershed Education Partnerships
- *Sugar Pine Foundation
- *Tahoe Donner Association
- Tahoe Oral Surgery and Implant Center
- *Trout Unlimited
- Truckee Donner Chamber of Commerce
- *Truckee Donner Land Trust
- *Truckee Tahoe Airport District
- *U.S. Army Corps of Engineers
- *U.S.F.S. Tahoe National Forest