by Kathy Whitlow, Operations Manager
You may have noticed an increase in River Talks on the Watershed Council’s calendar. You’ve told us you’re interested in our work and we’re listening! Join us to learn more. This coming month we’ll be holding five River Talks at different dates and times for your convenience:
- Thursday, 9/5 at 6 pm at a private home in Truckee (but there is always room for others who love the watershed!)
- Thursday, 9/12 at noon at the TRWC Office for Weed Warriors and others
- Wednesday, 9/18 at 6 pm at a private home in Truckee for River Friendly Landscaping participants and others
- Thursday, 9/19 at 8 am at the TRWC Office
- Thursday, 9/19 from 5-7 pm at the Truckee River Winery. This is a special wine tasting event as well: only $10 for a glass of wine and appetizers. The Truckee River Winery will even donate a portion of this back to the Watershed Council through their “Give to the River” program!
The River Talk is a virtual tour of a few of our projects. We provide lots of information about our work to restore and protect our rivers, streams, and meadows in a relaxed, open setting. Participants are always encouraged to ask questions and to share comments and feedback with us.
We don’t ask for financial contributions during any River Talk; we simply want to share what we’re doing in the watershed. So grab a friend and allow us to inspire you to take the Truckee River “in our hands”.
Click here for a schedule of upcoming River Talks. Or for more information, contact Michele Prestowitz by email or call (530) 550-8760 x 4. She’ll be happy to answer your questions and sign you up for our upcoming River Talk.